Please read the following conditions of let carefully.
If you are unclear on any point please ask for an explanation.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the following conditions of let carefully.
- Cooper Cottages provides an advertising service for property owners and an accommodation search service for guests. We do not own, or provide contents for any of the properties advertised on our site.
- All bookings are provisional until confirmed in writing by Cooper Cottages.
- Cooper Cottages act as a letting agent for property owners listed on this site. Concerns raised during your stay may be addressed to Cooper Cottages and we will endeavour to help where this is possible. However overall responsibility lies with the property owner.
- All complaints regarding the properties listed on our site will be passed on to the property owners, and dealt with independently. Cooper Cottages bears no responsibility for problems arising during your stay.
- All information given on our website is supplied by property owners, and Cooper Cottages bears no responsibility for misinformation. However, we do attempt to keep all information correct and up to date. We make no claims as to the quality, safety or legality of any of the properties advertised. Neither can we confirm the accuracy of the advertisements or their content.
- The property owner shall be responsible for ensuring that the property is adequately furnished, and bears responsibility for the maintenance of the property. Also that they have all necessary rights, licenses and authorizations to rent the property.
- Every caution has been taken to ensure the safety of guests. Extra caution must be taken when using hot tubs (provided at some properties), or using a wooden spiral staircase in wet or bare feet. Neither Cooper Cottages nor the owner bears responsibility for injuries incurred by guests staying at the properties.
- On confirmation of booking deposit payment is due. Bookings are provisional until a deposit has been paid.
- Once a booking form is completed and depositÂ or balance paid the booking will be confirmed by Cooper Cottages via e-mail. Cooper Cottages reserves the right to not accept bookings where a double booking may occur (e.g. in cases where booking calendars are present on more than one site). In such cases, any money paid will be refunded or alternative accommodation offered.
- The balance of the total sum due should be paid 4 weeks prior to the date of arrival. If this is not paid on the due date we will send a gentle reminder.
Cancellations (for bookings placed after April 1st)
- Guests can cancel between 60 and 2 days prior to arrival.
- Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, taxes and other ancillary charges, will not be refunded.
- Refund Payment for cancelled bookings will be released back to the cancelling guest after the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking.
- Cancellations made 2 days or 1 day prior to or the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: For a check in on Saturday, Guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but not Thursday (2 days prior) or Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check in).
- Guests may cancel their reservation by simply notifying Cooper Cottages that they wish to cancel.
- Guests may also choose to change their arrival dates at no cost up to a month before arrival.
Cancellations (for bookings placed before April 1st)
- Bookings placed before April 1st 2020 can be moved to a new arrival date.
- We can also offer to hold the money paid as credit for a future date.
- We are unable to offer refunds. You should contact your holiday insurance provider if you feel entitled to a refund.
- Please ensure full contact details are on your booking summary. We use these to contact you regarding payments and if you leave anything in a property.
- If you leave anything in the property we can arrange the postage to your address at your expense.
- Only persons listed on the booking form may occupy the accommodation and use the premises. We reserve the right to ask the whole party to leave if the terms and conditions are not adhered to. If we get a report that more people have used the property than are booked to do so, we reserve the right to retain the refundable deposit in full.
- The person who signs the booking form is responsible for ensuring that the conditions of let are adhered to, for any loss or damage to the accommodation and the contents, given fair wear and tear, during the rental period. We do ask that breakages are reported so that replacements can be put in place for the next guests. The accommodation rented should be kept clean and in good condition, as you find it on arrival.
- You as a guest in the property are responsible for and agree to reimburse to the owner and us all costs incurred by the owner and/or us as a result of any breakage or damage in or to the property which is caused by you or any members of your party or any other persons invited into the property by you. The owner and/or we can ask for an extra payment from you to cover any such costs.”
- A Â£100/Â£300 (depending on the property) refundable good housekeeping deposit will be charged with your balance payment. This will be refunded soon after your departure if all is left as you find it. If damage has occurred or excessive cleaning required Cooper Cottages reserve the right to retain the refundable deposit.
- All properties listed are non smoking. There are outside areas where you can smoke. You must remove any cigarette stubs. If it is evident you have smoked in the property the refundable deposit will be retained in full to cover extra cleaning cost.
- Check in time is 4.00pm. Check out time is 10:00am.Â It is necessary for us to strictly adhere to this time frame as we need to prepare for our new arrivals, this is the time cleaning and maintenance staff has to service the property. Please do not ask to change these times to avoid offence been taken when we say no.
- Pets – Please check. Some properties welcome pets while others are unable to do so.Â Normally no more than two dogs will be allowed. Dogs should use their own bedding, must be house trained, confined to public rooms, not allowed on furniture or into bedrooms and never left unattended in the property. Any fouling must be cleared.Â If there is evidence that you have had dogs in the bedrooms, sleeping on the bed or furniture we reserve the right to retain the Good Housekeeping deposit to cover the costs of cleaning, laundry and the purchase of new bedding.
- Personal property of visitors occupying our accommodation is not the responsibility of Cooper Cottages. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk.
- If for any reason the accommodation booked is not available to you on the required dates, due to reasons out with our control, Cooper Cottages will take reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available, then all sums paid by the visitor will be refunded. Cooper Cottages will have no further liability to the visitor or any other party.
- Cooper Cottages reserve the right to refuse entry to accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In this case the contract will be terminated without further liability. A refund will be given if the property can be re-let. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time or remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property or causing annoyance or offence to other people. Any refund will be at the discretion of the owner.
The contract formed confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only in accordance with Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing Scotland Act 1988.