Sleeps 5 – Log fire
Millmore log cabin is a self catering holiday lodge in Killin, Perthshire, beside the River Dochart with views of the river leading to the famous Falls of Dochart. There is an extensive garden area where you can sit and enjoy the ripple of the river. Open to the riverbank where there is an abundance of wildlife, flowers and fauna. A good base for exploring the area.
Millmore has one double room and one bunkbed room, making it perfect for families. There are many activities to enjoy in the area and you can find information at the local outdoor centre. Fishing and water sports at Loch Tay, cycling, hiking and golf at the local 9-hole course, along with a range of eating places and shops in the village.
Access to the property is through the grounds of the main house Millmore, the cabin is isolated at the far end of the extensive garden for peace and tranquillity. The owners have two very friendly dogs and free range chickens, the chickens do wander the grounds. You may be lucky and see the local wildlife while you are visiting, deer, red squirrels, herons, pheasants, hares and sparrow hawks.
All on one level, you enter through the porch area into the lounge with TV, seating for 5 and a wood burner. From here you enter the dining room with dining table, chairs and an electric storage heater. The galley kitchen is well equipped with electric cooker, microwave and toaster.
The master bedroom has a double bed and storage, a triple bedroom with a double bed and single bed on top. The family bathroom has a bath with shower over, sink and toilet.
There is mini-supermarket in Killin (co-op) as well as an outdoor centre where you will find fishing permits and bike-hire, and the Old Watermill now used as a shop downstairs and an area upstairs where local artists display their work. You will find a number of restaurants and shops in the village. There is a large park behind the village hall.
It is a short walk into the village along the main street but for the more adventurous the route 7 cycle path is close by or the Local Ben Lawers is a short drive away.
- One step to entrance
- One level throughout property
- 1 Double bedroom
- 1 Triple bedroom
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Bath, shower, WC and washbasin
- DVD player with DVD’s
- Selection of books, and games
- Sofa, chairs and coffee table
- Log burning stove
- Electric Hob/ Electric Oven
- Dining area
- Table with seating
- Electric Fire and storage heater
- Space for boots and coats
- Patio with table and chairs
- Open garden area
- Parking at the main entrance
- No boundary fence on the river bank means children must be supervised at all times.
- Free range hens roam the open garden area within the Millmore boundary
- The owner has two very friendly dogs.
- Heating is by storage heaters. An electric fire in the dining area. A wood burning stove in the lounge.