Tom na Voil, Balquhidder
Sleeps 6 – WiFi – Wood Burning Stove
About Tom na Voil
Tom na Voil sits at the foot of Kirkton Glen, a very comfortable cottage on the Carnegie Estate in Balquhidder. The accommodation has been extended and is on two levels connected by 3 very shallow steps. With three bedrooms and three bathrooms, the house will comfortably accommodate 6 people.
The location is extremely peaceful and a particular feature is the lack of any light pollution at night, giving amazing starry skies.
Tom na Voil is surrounded by beautiful landscape in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. There is a wealth of wildflowers, including orchids and alpine Lady’s mantle.
Parking is available directly outside the cottage. There is a gravel area outside and access to the cottage is down a short flight of stone steps. Inside the property there are three low stairs.
The living room has leather sofas, TV/DVD player and wood burning stove. WiFi is available in the property. The owners have made available a collection of games and puzzles as well as a selection of fiction and non-fiction books, including books on Scotland and wildlife.
The eat-in kitchen is fully equipped with fridge freezer, cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is a comfortable table with a bench and chairs.
The master bedroom has a superking bed and luxury en-suite bathroom with walk in shower and oversized bath. The second bedroom with superking bed is also en-suite and has a bath with shower over, and there is a family bathroom with bath and shower over. The third bedroom has twin three-foot beds. All three bedrooms are furnished with oak chests and wardrobes.
Balquhidder lies on the No.7 cycle path and is surrounded by magnificent countryside. As well as gentle walks nearby, it is also close to several Munros – including Ben More, Ben Vorlich and Ben Lawers – offering exceptional hill-walking on the doorstep. From the house, you can see red squirrels, tree creepers and deer. Fishing is available locally in Loch Voil and the River Balvaig and bikes can be hired in, Callander or Killin.
- Off street parking beside property
- Access via steps or gravel slope
- Accommodation on one level (with three low in corridor)
- Master en-suite bedroom with walk-in shower
- King-size en-suite with shower over bath
- Two King size bedrooms (ensuite)
- One twin bedroom
- Central Heating, some underfloor
- Luxury towels / bed linen
- Ample drying space for wet clothes after a day on the hills
- EPC = D
- Family Bathroom with shower over bath, toilet and wash basin
- Two en-suite bathrooms with bath, shower, toilet and wash basin
- Television and DVD player
- Table with bench seating and chairs
- Wood burning stove (logs can be ordered when booking or bought locally)
Well equipped fitted kitchen
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
Notes: The cottage sits on a hill, with a steep driveway to the property.
Mobile reception is poor on some networks at Tom na Voil but WiFi is available in the house for phones with Internet call functionality