Lockdown restrictions in Scotland are lifting on the 26th of April, but you might be confused about what you can do and where you can go. This is your short holiday guide for the reopening in April 2021.
Firstly, always check with the government’s website so you are aware of the appropriate restrictions put in place.
From 26th April the following rules will apply.
- tourist accommodation to reopen (self-catering accommodation to be restricted in line with rules on indoor gathering)
- social mixing indoors is subject to a maximum of up to 4 people from 2 households.
- unrestricted travel within Scotland (subject to other restrictions that remain in place)
- up to 6 people from 2 households can socialise outdoors in a public place such as a café or restaurant
- all shops, stores and close contact services can open
- hospitality venues like cafes, pubs and restaurants can open until:
- 20:00 indoors (no alcohol)
- local licensing laws apply outdoors (alcohol permitted)
- indoor attractions and public buildings such as galleries, museums and libraries can open
What does this mean for you?
You can holiday in Scotland from April 26th and many outdoor activities would have resumed! Here is what is open from the 26th:
You can go for a walk on various trails or go hiking and explore the most scenic Munros!
Eternal Mountain are also a great option if you are in Killin and you prefer a tour.
If you want to cycle, Comrie Croft Bikes allow you to rent a bike if you are planning to explore the area around Comrie. This is great because you won’t need much preparation for any of these activities!
Or why not try something new and exciting like canoeing or gorge walking? Especially if any of the activities are something you have never tried before. Check out ‘In your Element’ for a variety of activities you could try, or ‘Wee Adventures’ if you are with kids.
You must be missing trying out local foods and just enjoy dinner out! As cafes and restaurants can open as well, have a look at our recommendations for venues to try out near your accommodation.
Wherever you decide to stay, it would be full of activities to try and new experiences. We, at Cooper Cottages, are excited to welcome you back!
If you are already thinking about next year, we also have calendars open online for 2022!
Make sure you follow our countdown on social media and keep up to date with our Coronavirus page.
Photo by Gabriela Palai from Pexels
Photo by Brett Sayles from Pexels